Thursday, June 23, 2005

Is God fair?

I have a wonderful man that I email back and forth with whose wife is having a very hard time medically. It made me start thinking about how some people, like Terry Shaivo, or my friend’s wife, seem to have such a hard time with things that "God's Miracles" could so easily handle, if God so chose.

I guess, in a religious sense, I can’t help wondering sometimes why does God torture some people like this.

The thing I learned when I died is that God is not the one that lets this happen to good people. This is the "Mother Nature System" that deals like this.

I read a sci-fi book once a long time ago in which the "space police" came back to earth after a millennia of being away. In the story the space police observed that we now protect those that would die if left to their own resources in the wild. The whole pretext of the story was that Mother Nature "eliminated" the less-than-perfects from the system, so the species "continue to improve."

For instance, I have to wear glasses. I cannot see far-away well. Been like this since second grade. So if I were in a hunter clan, I would be worthless, and quite possibly would be brought down by a lion or wolves. So my genes would not be replicated in a child and passed down through the ages.

I read the stories of the old testament in which God supposedly commanded the "chosen people" to kill every man, woman, child, and animal in a particular city when they conquered it. Knowing God as intimately as I do from my three trips to "heaven," I can tell you that he never gave that command to the "chosen people!" But never the less, we still let religion lead us down paths of horrible things. Like the Crusades. It appears God's solution to Mother Nature’s utter uncaring vicious cruelty is a civilization that, at least in this country, respects human life.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could say so many things about god....think I should set up a date with him first?
maybe speak face to ...force?????

Anonymous said...

Some people believe in a God who has a plan and everything follows that plan...I'm not one of those...I say, where's the choice in that? God gave us the right to choose.
Some people believe if you pray hard enough, God will give you what you ask for...I'm not one of those...I say, God does
not manipulate to make things right or make them better, but he is always there with each of us as we go through the experience...good or bad. Some people believe if you do not believe this or that (depending on what religion you are part of) you will not enter heaven. I'm not one of those people either. I say, I believe in an awesome God who loves and accepts all the people of the world; living and dead and those not born yet. I do not put my God in a box...He is bigger than the universe...and I have not enough words or the right words to even describe who he is. We are all one people...some just haven't accepted that yet. Oh, and heaven and hell are here on earth...not some place after we die. Just some musings from your friend Dar. (now I'm wondering, what will God say to me?)

Anonymous said...

Well Dar, if I was him...I would smile and give this little sinner a big hug.....
God is what we believe in
could be love
could be
ourselvs.

Deni said...

I think I will talk more about dying if you are wondering about it. Are there specific subjects about dying you would like to have me discuss?

Anonymous said...

Samarel...I think God hugs me everyday, not because I am a sinner, but because he loves me and sees only the good in me and not the sin. We are all sinners...yet we all deserve love...and how do we get that? Through each other, by truly caring and loving another human being...we are the workers for God here on earth...it is thru us his love is revealed. No one but God can know all my weaknesses and my sinful nature and yet he loves me...'Man' is not always so willing to love someone with flaws and weaknesses and often sits in judgment of a sinful nature....Unconditional Love is an Awesome Love......more of Dar's musings and she's wondering if she is going too far out there......better start pulling back some...

Anonymous said...

Well Dar...Dottie darling...and the endless (always living and dying and so on ****) Deni....

Let me just be direct and stop using my wild sense of humor while writing whatever comes up to my mind.

I have respect for GOOD people who believe in ANYTHING they want - - -- As long as theyr good to others and themselves.
I dont belive in god.
I do believe in a belief...of any kind.
sometimes I point it to myself - then, one might say god is within me. Let it be ....
I belive, above all, in love, trust and deep thrusts...'cause as you said Dottie dear...sex and love drives as crazy for each other and 'so help me god' to keep this erection...for everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

kisses to you all, smart and sexy women of Deni's blog.
SUCH a good idea this blog...isn't it?

............

Anonymous said...

Deni...you've asked : "Are there specific subjects about dying you would like to have me discuss?"

well...yes...my specific question would be, how can someone who died ask this question as you did, or run a blog....
mmmmm?

explain the mortals under you here...

Anonymous said...

I do love this blog...because it doesn't limit expressing ideas
that wouldn't work if expressed to the yahoo group. Thank you Deni for starting this. You do bring out some interesting things for us to ponder.....I too am interested in hearing about how someone who has died is now running this blog and wrtiting all these stories....enlighten us oh little, mighty woman...also...to Samarel...I do believe there is a God cause nothing else could conceive of such a plan as earth...the universe.....I think he/she (nothing can descibe him) laughs at us every day.....as he marvels at our ridiculous meanderings on our life paths....Dar's musings

Deni said...

I will deal with coming back in another post.

Samarel, if you say you believe in Love, then by definition, you beleive in God. Unfortunatly, the religious zealots that are interested only in being more pious than anyone else have sullied God's good name.

Anonymous said...

This is smoe topic.
I think most people see this life as all there is, I cannot accept that, I see life beyond death and so this life is but a moment in time.
I think it was Dar in a post that said choice is the key, I totally agree. If there was no pain/suffering/unhappiness how would we know pleasure/happy/health, if there is no bad how can we choose good, if there is no one in need how can I choose to help and give.
If there is no desire how do I learn control.
Wars are not made by religion War is made by "man" (including woman)take away religion and you still have lusts and greed, if another has what I want I can work harder or steal his! If I want more power I can take it and if I want more I can do it at the point of a gun. The IRA are not good catholics, the crusaders were not good christians, you think Christ was happy with them!
Did God delete whole communitties, like the Bible tells us, yes i think he did, was there the flood, yes i think there was and why? I think there is a message to us all become that bad and no one gets a chance and he has to start over again - makes you wonder about our times don't it!
Penny