Saturday, January 14, 2006

Movie Review: Rumor Has It

1 is “Not Good!” and 10 is “Had It All”

Overall Rating: 7

Ratings for:
Dialogue: 8
Acting: 8
Directing: 7
Scariness: 1 (This is about self evaluation and finding the Love that is right in front of your nose)
Music: 7

Ratio of bald men to men with hair: ~10% (unusual for a love story)
Percentage Chic Flick: 8
Percentage Macho Flick: 4
Fairness in how men were portrayed: 9

Special Effects: 5 (Average, there were none that I saw)
How true to the book was it? Unknown or N/A
Reality Ratio: 7 (I think we all are afraid of being hurt)
Enthrallment: 6 (Mostly intense honesty, which turns me on)
Worth the price of admission? See it on the home screen if money is tight, but it is a great date flick!

Recommendation: Shirley McClain is fantastic, and the snappy dialogue makes it a definite movie worth seeing. I was surprised by how well Jennifer Anniston acted.

The movie breaks new ground by giving men a fair shake, and showing them as the intelligent, caring, supportive individuals they are. My hat is off to Rob Reiner for doing that, finally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree whole heartedly on your review, especially with regard to Shirley McClain. However, I'd give the music an 8.