Saturday, November 01, 2008

Fascinating book to read

I am currently reading a book that has literally enthralled me. It answers so many questions that have plagued me since my earliest sunday school days.

For instance, who was this mysterious Joseph of Arimathea that was given the body of Jesus off the cross?

For Instance, why did someone give Jesus a drink of (yucky face here) vinegar and gall (Matthew 27:34)? And just what IS gall? Why would a man on a cross having been crucified even drink it?

I had bought this book a couple of years ago when I went to the Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit in Seattle. I was enthralled by the exhibit and bought several books, this being one of them.

The title of the book always had seemed a little weird to me. I had just finished reading Brown's book "The DaVinci Code" before going to the exhibit.

So the book languished on my book shelves for a couple of years. One day I had run out of books to read and picked it up, asking msyelf, "Why not?"

OH MY GOD! It is so fascinating! Maybe the most fascinating book I have ever read in my whole life!

The title is "Bloodline of the Holy Grail" and the author is Laurence Gardner. This guy has forgotten more than I will ever know about the Bible!

Buy the book and read it. Let it tie up all the hanging strings in you mind. I have marked this book up more than any college text I ever had, believe me!

No comments: